Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:25 Post subject: Unkown USB drive.
Please bear with me as I am trying to work out how to use this equipment.Any help will be appreciated.
I have a USB 1Gb flash disk with the follwing attributes:
- Flash type (USB, CF, SD...)-USB
- Controller name -UP8-x .617 62566-700PHCI
- Flash chips amount- 1
- Flash chip name -Unreadable. sticker on top says 15 Y 1Gb 511-065807038 (I think)
- Config file content (Show config) works with
ID 0x98 0xd3 0x85 0xa5
- Dumps amount - 1,107,296,256 bytes
- Do you found FAT? Yes
- Is there mix? How do I find this? Any help from other users would be helpful.
this is what I have found- Changed RAW to 0x42000 block size.
When looking at the image:
FAT16 BS @ 0xfb44000
First FAT @0xfb44400
second FAT @ 0xfb61a00
All the above are fine when pointing MBR to 0xfb44000, but all files are corrupt and seem to be in the beginning of the file. This is where the mix is wrong?
I need a step by step - very basic as I do not know what some of the commands do - split etc - to rebuild this.
when I try to spit by dump into 4 sections, the BS is in the first section (where it is found exactly 1/4 of the way through the dump). I do not understand this. Am I including the system area or something.
I am getting the block number module. Will this help?
- Do you remove mix? I do not know how to do this.
Any help from other users would be appreciated. especially those in English countries that have already worked this out.
The support from the Soft-centre is great, but I need more in depth details. (without spoon feeding, as I do know FAT very well. (I just need to work out how to rebuild the image)